American Heart Association Information, . . and links to other sites

We recommend American Heart Association, and American Safety and Health Institute ( ashi) for CPR classes

We teach American Heart Association CPR. The link to the American Heart Association site is below. 

We also recommend American Safety and Health Institute for CPR classes.

Classes that are approved in the Commonwealth of Pa are listed on the Pa Dept of Health website under the following link.  EMS Information Bulletin  July 20, 2015  State Recognized CPR Programs in Pennsylvania.

Healthcare provider cards offer protections under the EMS Act, while CPR/AED cards cover the Pa Good Sam law.

There are many organizations that offer CPR across the country, and they all must teach the same information according to guidelines accepted by regulatory agencies such as the US Department of Health and each state Department of Health and Department of Public Welfare.

When selecting a class you need to know which kind of card you need. as there are several types of cards.

One type is issued to Healthcare Providers and covers more advanced material.

Another type of card is issued to the general public. (Getting the wrong card if you are a Healthcare Provider can cost you more.)

Most organizations offer a 2 year card

Some organizations offer training online...however, you better check with your employer to be sure they accept online training without the hands on skill demonstration with the manikins. If they wont accept the online training you may have to take the class over again and will have added expense.

Prices accross the country vary, so you have to shop, and ask what the class includes. Do they give you a book to take home? Do they issue the card on the spot or do you have to wait for it in the mail? Do they cancel classes if they dont get enough participants?

Below are google links to CPR training in your area. Check our class schedule link at the top of this page. Or the link to the American Heart Association website.

New G2010 CPR Guidelines are supposed to cover Adult w/AED, Child w/AED, and Infant, and how to deal with airway obstructions. Compressions first, Airway, then Breathing.

Look for CPR classes and other healthcare provider classes using the google search box. 
Google Enter your search terms Submit search form